Make Your Life Easier Again with the Most Trusted Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Psychologist Sydney
Treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is necessary if you are experiencing extreme anxiety, disturbing memories, low morale, or isolation after a traumatic experience. Anyone can be shaken by significant trauma and loss. Destruction can happen anywhere unexpectedly, and it is almost impossible to know how it will affect you personally. If this is happening, you may already be experiencing some stress. This is where you try to cope with it by avoiding emotions, memories, actions, and other people. If you also experience traumatic events, you should seek help from a post-traumatic stress disorder psychologist Sydney, which can help you regain your mental health.
What Is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Causes Of PTSD
As you pass by, you may experience post-traumatic stress disorder and see or read about an event involving actual or threatening severe injury or physical assault. The cause of PTSD varies from person to person. Like many mental health problems, PTSD is probably caused by a complex combination of the following:
- Stressful experiences, including the amount and magnitude of a trauma you have faced in your lifetime
- Inherited mental health dangers, such as a family history of stress and depression
- Inherited traits of your personality – often called your spirit
- How your brain controls the chemicals and hormones your body releases in response to stress
Risk Factors of PTSD
- People can experience post-traumatic stress disorder regardless of their age. However, other factors can make you more likely to develop PTSD after a traumatic event, such as:
- Acquiring severe or long-lasting trauma
- Dealing with other traumas early in life, such as childhood trauma
- Having a job that prompts your risk of exposure to traumatic events, such as a soldier, a firefighter, a doctor, a news reporter or an undertaker.
- Having other mental health complications, such as anxiety or depression
- Problems with drug abuse, such as overdrinking or drug abuse
- Lack of a sound support system for family and friends
Having blood relatives with mental health problems, including anxiety or depression
Types Of Traumatic Events
- Fighting exposure
- Physical abuse in childhood
- Sexual violence
- Physical assault
- Threatened with a weapon
Environmental Causes of PTSD
Many other traumatic events can lead to PTSD, such as fire, natural disaster, robbery, plane crash, torture, kidnapping, life-threatening medical diagnosis, terrorist attacks, and other severe or life-threatening incidents.
Dangers of PTSD
- Depression and anxiety
- Stress-related chronic pain
- Problems with drugs or alcohol use
- Dietary disorders
- Suicidal thoughts and actions
How to Cure PTSD?
Keryl Egan is a post-traumatic stress disorder psychologist Sydney. With more than 30 years of experience, we have provided help to many people, now living a happy and successful life. We will help you eliminate PTSD through our counselling, training, stress reduction, and treatment strategies.
Character Building Strategies
If a person’s behaviour is degraded, they will eventually lose productivity and interest in everyday activities. This may be due to difficult or traumatic events in the past. We provide behavioural building strategies to get their lives back on track and live with motivation and success.
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Anxiety
Anxiety acts as a barrier to personal and community life. It can lead to great fear, panic and constant worry about everything. It can also reduce one’s social skills. We will provide a solution to concerns about our discussion session, therapies and ways to develop morale and character.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a story that causes people to have recurring thoughts, repetitive actions, unwanted behavioural problems and personal infatuation. We provide OCD treatment with our psychotherapy. We believe that our clients will feel better after our treatment.
Depression is the result of many things. It may be due to some traumatic events in life, physical or verbal abuse, anxiety, severe depression, and self-loathing. According to a recent study, about 17.3 million people worldwide suffer from depression each year. Depression leads to many other health problems. We provide anti-depressant medications and treatments during our treatment, exercise and counselling sessions, which have proved to be an effective solution.
Seek Help Today